DC Art All Night returns on Friday, September 29, 2023, from 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Art All Night celebrates the performing and visual arts, showcasing the diverse talents of our city’s creative community. All Art All Night DC events are free and open to the public, and no reservations or tickets are required for nearly all of them. It will be an evening filled with art, local music, and film experiences.
Friday, head down through Eastern Market and Barracks Row on Capitol Hill all the way to Capitol Riverfront. Then Saturday go see the art on display on –and moving on rails along! H Street NE.
Here’s a listing of what’s up in the neighborhoods where our readers live, work and play:
Art All Night on Barracks Row Main Street is a unique event in Washington, D.C. that provides a fun and enriching experience for all ages. From live music to outdoor markets, you’ll find something that appeals to everyone.
Eastern Market Metro Park
(South side of Pennsylvania Avenue, between Seventh and Eighth Streets SE)
This year, there’s Welcome Center & Artist Circle at Eastern Market Metro Park introducing After Dark Glow Park from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. It’s a one-of-a-kind experience that will make your night come alive! With dazzling lights and vibrant colors, it’s an event you won’t want to miss.
Don’t miss the performances on from 5 p.m. to 9:30 p.m., including artists from the Capitol Hill Jazz Foundation (5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.) followed by DJ Throdown from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. (he’s the 2018 & 2019 DMC USA CH a.m.PION and 2021 IDA WORLD CH a.m.PION) and then the Too Much Talent Band – 8:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
More on the Row
Head down Eight Street SE to check out the following additional art activations:
Laser Man Show | This year, we are especially excited for the new Laser Man Show, a unique and thrilling spectacle at The Ugly Mug (723 Eighth St. SE)| Friday, Sept 29 – with shouts at 7 and at 7:30 p.m.
- As You Are (500 Eighth St. SE) | Friday, Sept 29 – 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Art Showcase
- Crazy Aunt Helen’s (713 Eighth St. SE) | Friday, Sept 29 – 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. All Day Happy Hour & DC Strokes Novice Rowing Fundraiser (TICKETED)
- The Brig (1007 Eighth St. SE) | Friday, Sept 29 – 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. Live Music Entertainment
- CHAW (545 Seventh St. SE) |Friday, Sept 29 – 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. La Salpetriere at the black box theatre (TICKETED)
Around Eastern Market
Don’t miss the Silent Disco outside 700 Penn on the C Street SE Plaza! Put on the headphones and lose yourself in four different channels of music, one spun by live DJ.Bring friends and dance together to your own individual beats. A credit card is required as deposit but the activity is free.
- Eastern Market – North Hall (700 North Carolina Ave. SE): DC Rawhides line dancing, country western dancing for all.
- Eastern Market – Sidewalk (under farmer’s hood): Night Market; select work by local artisans as you check out the art all night
- Mr. Henry’s (601 Pennsylvania Ave. SE): Live Music with crooner Landon Paddock. Reservations recommended.
- Captain Cookie & the Milkman (660 Penn Ave. SE, entrance on Seventh near Peregrine): Art activities
- Labyrinth Games & Puzzles (645 Pennsylvania Ave. SE): Artist Installation & Exhibit
- Rewild (232 Seventh St. SE): Art Activities
- Ruta & Ukraine House (327 Seventh St. SE): Ukrainian Art
- Relume (760 Seventh St. SE): Art activities
- PGN Architects (210 Seventh St. SE): Art show
- Coldwell Banker (350 Seventh St. SE): Art show
- Nail Saloon (740 C St. SE): Art activities
Only 1 Day left until another “Art All Night” to remember!🥳🙌
Join us with the @TheDCArts to experience Art All Night 2023 TOMORROW (9/29) featuring 🎨 Interactive art installations,✨ Glitter tattoos, 🎸 live music, & more!
🔗RSVP here: https://t.co/aSX3nj0mPO
— Capitol Riverfront (@CapitolRvrFront) September 28, 2023
Head to the river for interactive art, live entertainment and local bites at the northern block of Canal Park (2nd and I Streets, SE) on Friday, September 29th from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m..
Also featured as part of the evening—an extended-hours sneak preview of “DC Art Now 2023,” an annual exhibition of selected work by finalists of the FY24 Art Bank Program grant, opening soon at CAH’s 200 I (Eye) Street, SE Gallery.
Join neighbors and friends at Canal Park to make interactive art with local artist Liz Ashe, who will lead the public in the construction of Helix—an installation combining the universal game of making forts with crosshatch drawings. The title of the installation is rooted in one of its first iterations featuring a rope structure that looked like a hammock flipping over, or a DNA Helix.
Live entertainment will include an acoustic set by local songwriter Andrew Bell and music by the popular DJ Heat. Purchase eats by Side Door Pizza and Ice Cream Jubilee for purchase. The first 100 slices and 100 scoops will be free, compliments of the BID, so get there early.
This event is free and open to the public.
Art all Night continues through Saturday. On the Hill, head up to H Street to see what’s in store in one of the District’s most creative neighborhoods. There’s something to see in the theatre, galleries, restaurants —and even on the streetcar, where every other car hosts a performance by and artist, dancer or performer.
Atlas Theatre | 1333 H Street NE
- 10:00 p.m. -12:00 p.m. Open Piano
- 12:00 a.m. – 1:00 a.m. – Salute to Diva by Shiqueeta Lee & Crew
Anthology DC | 625 H Street NE
7:00 p.m. -10:00 p.m. Dance, Music, Live Art, Marketplace
DC Streetcar | Every Other Street Car
- 7:00 p.m. Tony Ade
- 8:00 p.m. Charise Hodges-Poet | Emma G-Vocalist
- 9:00 p.m. Esther Adewumi-Vocalist
- 10:00 p.m. Simone Hinton-Vocalist | a.m.y Stewart-Flow Art
- 11:00 p.m. Kima Hawk-Dancer | Renzel-Rapper
- 12:00 p.m. Asala-Dancer
Starburst Plaza | 1501 Maryland Avenue NE
- 7:00 p.m. -11:00 p.m.
- 7:00 p.m. – a.m.bition Band
- 10:00 p.m. – The Horu Experience
DC Creative Institute | 924 H Street NE
7:00 p.m. -12:00 a.m. Selfie Museum, Live Art & Music, Hip-hop Dance Battle Contest
Pursuit Wine Bar | 1025 H Street NE
8:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. Jazzy Vibes
Focus DC | 1348 H Street NE
8:00 p.m. -11:00 p.m. Interactive Art & Live Music
House of Good (1419 H St. NE) | 7:00 p.m. – 12:00 a.m.