Join your neighbors and Ward 6 Councilmember Charles Allen (D) for a little spring cleaning as we step outside and take some time to beautify Ward 6!
Allen’s office will host clean ups at three different locations, but they are also coordinating with community groups, school PTOs, Advisory Neighborhood Commission (ANC) leaders and more to make sure every inch of Ward 6 gets a good scrub. Residents are welcome to join clean-up locations across the Ward hosted by either our office or community leaders and businesses, or do a clean-up on your block or alley (don’t forget to post and use #W6SpringClean).
RSVP if you’re down to help clean a little bit on Saturday, April 1 (no fooling just work crew pooling) and you’ll get a follow-up with more information.
April 1 Clean Up sites (start time is 10 a.m., unless otherwise noted):
- Eastern Market Metro Park (hosted by Allen’s Office)
- Meet near metro entrance; will also cover Barracks Row
- H Street NE (hosted by Allen’s Office and ANC 6A02 Commissioner Mike Velasquez)
- Meet at Eighth and H Streets NE
- King Greenleaf Recreation Center (201 N St. SW, hosted by CM Allen’s Office)
- Anacostia River Trail (hosted by Bozzuto)
- Meet at the trail entrance
- Barney Circle (hosted by AMC 6B08 Commissioner Edward Ryder):
- Meet at 17th Street and Barney Circle SE
- Navy Yard (hosted by neighbor Tori Collins):
- Meet in front of the AC Hotel (867 New Jersey Ave. SE)
- Tyler Elementary School (1001 G St. SE, hosted by Tyler PTO)
- Sherwood Rec Center & School-Within-a-School (920 F St. NE, hosted by SWS PTO):
- Meet at the playground
- Maury Elementary School (1250 Constitution Ave. NE, hosted by C 6A04 Commissioner Amber Gove and Maury ES PTO)
- JO Wilson (660 K St. NE, hosted by JO Wilson PTO)
- NoMa Clean-Up (hosted by 2M Tenants Association and ANC 6E05 Commissioner Ahmad Abu-Khalaf)
- Meet at 2M Apartments (M Street at North Capitol Street NE)
- C Street NE (hosted by neighbor Maggie Edwards)
- Meet at North Carolina Avenue and 15th Street NE
More clean-ups are being added! If you’d like to have your clean-up site listed as part of the event, contact Kimberly Kennedy on Allen’s team.