It’s time to start thinking about summer camp!
Beginning Monday, March 13, families will be able to register children for summer camps through the District’s new lottery system –no specific time of day has yet been given. The summer camp lottery registration will close on April 5. The registration system will then randomly select participants for enrollment in the camps.
DPR camps will have four sessions in the summer of 2023:
- Session 1: June 26 – July 7
- Session 2: July 10 – July 21
- Session 3: July 24 – August 4
- Session 4: August 7 – August 18
The following camps will be available in the summer of 2023:
- Little Explorers Camp (Ages 3 – 5)
- Discovery Camp (Ages 6 – 10)
- Boost Camp including Rocket Camp, Robotics Camp, Esports Camp, Journalism Camp, Improv Camp and CSI (Ages 11 – 13)
Therapeutic Recreation Camps for children ages 3 through 16 with and without developmental disabilities will also open for registration of March 13, but they will not be filled through a lottery system. Participants must undergo an assessment by the Therapeutic Recreation Camp staff before enrollment.
Residents will be notified by email regarding summer camp placement on April 18, and if selected, payment will be due at that time.
Registration for nonresidents will be first come first served and begin on May 1.
Sarah Payne is a reporter for Capital Community News. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.