Chair Amber Gove (6A04) convened the May 12, 2022 meeting of Advisory Neighborhood Commission (ANC) 6A via Zoom with Commissioners Keya Chatterjee (6A01), Mike Soderman (6A03), Laura Gentile (6A05), Robb Dooling (6A06), Sondra Phillips-Gilbert (6A07) and Brian Alcorn (6A08) in attendance. Commissioner Phil Toomajian (6A02) was absent.
Chief of Operations at 311, Marcellus Walker Jr. discussed the 311 reporting system with ANC6A, reminding residents of the purpose of the system and how it functions. First, Mr. Walker, made clear that 311 does not close out service requests but rather acts as a conduit connecting resident requests with the proper government department or agency. It is the acting department, be it the District Department of Transportation (DDOT), the Department of Public Works (DPW), or otherwise, that has the ability to close out a service request once the actionable item has been addressed. Mr. Walker reiterated that residents may resubmit 311 requests for the same issue if they feel it has not been adequately handled.
Residents have a myriad of options to contact 311; they can call “311” or (202)-737-4404, contact through Twitter via @311DCgov or download and use the 311 app on their smartphones found at ouc.dc.gov/page/dc311-mobile-app. 311 is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.
Thus far this calendar year, Mr. Walker reported ANC6A residents have submitted 4,822 service requests to 311. The top submitted requests are for bulk trash collection, missed trash collection and parking enforcement issues.
To learn more about the 311 reporting system or to view open ticket requests, visits 311.dc.gov.
All of the following actions were passed unanimously by the Commissioners.
Alcohol Beverage Licensing
- ANC 6A will protest the application of Hakuna Matata DC LLC, t/a Hakuna Matata Kitchen and Bar at 1128 H Street NE (ABRA-121081) for a Class C Restaurant License unless a Settlement Agreement is finalized prior to the protest deadline.
- ANC6A will protest the application of HappyChoongman,Inc.,t/a Choongman Chicken and Seafood at 1125 H Street NE (ABRA-108755) for renewal of its Class C Restaurant License unless an updated Settlement Agreement is finalized prior to the protest deadline.
- ANC 6A will write a letter of support for the application of Mozzeria DC LLC t/a Mozzeria at 1300 H Street NE (ABRA-116160) for renewal of its Class C Restaurant alcohol beverage license.
- ANC 6A will write a letter of support for the application of Atlas Performing Arts Center, t/a Atlas Performing Arts Center at 1333 H Street NE (ABRA- 085207) for renewal of its Class C Multipurpose license.
- ANC 6A will write a letter of support for the application of 1291 Hospitality Group, LLC, t/a Stable DC at 1234 H Street NE (ABRA-105439) for renewal of its Class C Restaurant License.
- ANC 6A will write a letter of support for the application of Thompson Retail Food Group, LLC, t/a Milk & Honey Cafe at 1116 H Street NE (ABRA-119672) for renewal of its Class C Restaurant License.
Economic Development and Zoning (EDZ)
- ANC 6A will write a letter of support to the Board of Zoning Adjustment (BZA) for an area variance pursuant to the new alley record lot requirements to construct six new, attached, two-story principal dwelling units in the RF-1 zone in the alley between 15th & 16th Streets and C & D Streets NE (BZA Case#20716) on condition that developers continue to make a best effort to obtain letters of support from the community.
Visit www.anc6a.org for a calendar of meeting times, meeting agendas and other information.