What to get Mom this Mother’s day? Time together this weekend!
Join the 65th annual Mother’s Day House & Garden Tour – Two days of in-person house tours, virtual tours and walking tours. You’ve still got time to get your advance tickets!
The Capitol Hill Restoration Society’s (CHRS) annual House & Garden Tour is one of the highlights of the Capitol Hill calendar. After two years of outdoor-only and virtual tours, it is coming back in a big way!
This event will be a hybrid event featuring in-person locations as well as both virtual and walking tours. Your ticket purchase can be used over the two days of the event.
Note that the new owners of the Churchill Condo that appeared on WETA “If You Lived Here” are opening their home for the tour!
Start at the Hill Center (921 Pennsylvania Ave. SE) Will Call to get your weekend wristband – you will need this to visit any of the house tours or attend the walking tours. Don’t forget to bring your vaccine card and ID!
Will-call open from 2:30 – 7 pm on Saturday and 12:30 – 5 pm on Sunday. Enter Hill Center from the E Street SE entrance.
Then join in on the festivities!
Main tour hours: Saturday, May 7 from 4 to 7 p.m. and Sunday, May 8 from 1 to 5 p.m.
Points of Interest:
- 921 Pennsylvania Ave. SE – Hill Center (will-call, regional juried art exhibit, rest facilities, snack “go bags”, tours at 3 pm both days)
- 224 Eighth St. SE (virtual and in-person)
- 620 G St. SE – Christ Church (tours, rest facilities)
- 528 Sixth St. SE (virtual only)
- 504 Sixth St. SE (virtual and in-person)
- 725 Fifth St. SE #21 – Lenox Condos (virtual and in-person)
- 514 Fourth St. SE #201 – Churchill Condos (virtual and in-person)
- 514 Fourth St. SE #301 – Churchill Condos (virtual and in-person)
- 313 Second St. SE – St. Peter’s Catholic Church (tours, rest facilities, Sunday only 1 – 4:15 pm)
- 313 Second St. SE – St. Peter’s rectory (in-person, Sunday only 1 – 4:30 pm)
- Self-guided walking tour of St. Peter’s environs (313 Second St. SE)
There’s also a docent-led Walking Tour highlighting the alley history north of East Capitol St. and west of Seventh St. NE. It is offered Saturday, starting at 3:30 and 5:30 p.m.; Sunday, at 1:30 and 4:30 p.m. and begins at the Triangle park bounded by the 600 blocks of Massachusetts and Constitution Avenues NE.
There’s more! Additional fun will be shared here: CHRS – Mother’s Day Events Weekend
Advance reservations now available through May 5 at 2:30 pm. Need to purchase a ticket day of? – Enter the Hill Center from 900 block of E Street SE. Tickets are $40, payable via cash, check PayPal app.
If you can’t attend this event, follow CHRS on Instagram and online: Capitol Hill Restoration Society for details about the organization and other events in the community. Get tickets, info and facts via Eventbrite.