Chair Amber Gove (6A04) convened the February 10, 2022 meeting of Advisory Neighborhood Commission (ANC) 6A via Zoom with Commissioners Keya Chatterjee (6A01), Commissioner Phil Toomajian (6A02), Mike Soderman (6A03), Laura Gentile (6A05), Robb Dooling (6A06), Sondra Phillips-Gilbert (6A07) and Brian Alcorn (6A08) in attendance.
The following motions and recommendations were passed by the Commissioners with unanimous consent;
- The Commissioners will send a letter of support for a stipulated license for Taqueria Al Lado II, LLC at 809 12th Street NE (ABRA #119979) t/a Taqueria Al Lado II, contingent on a Settlement Agreement being reached prior to the ANC’s consideration of the matter.
- ANC 6A adopt a resolution to officially name the alley in Square 1009, between C and D Street NE and 12th and 13th Street NE, “Overbeck Alley” in honor of Ruth Ann Overbeck, and send the resolution to Councilmember Charles Allen.
- The Commissioners will send a letter to the Board of Zoning Adjustment (BZA) in support of the request for a special exception zoning relief from the lot occupancy requirements from the accessory building area requirements of the matter-of-right to construct a detached, two-story, garage with second story dwelling unit to an existing, attached, two-story principal dwelling unit at 1127 G Street NE (BZA #20687) in the RF-1 zone, on condition that the owners make best efforts to get letters of support from the neighbors available at 1125 G Street NE, and the neighbors at 636 12th Street NE having facing windows.
- The Commissioners approved the appointment of Adina Wadsworth as a member of the Community Outreach Committee.
- The Commissioners will send a letter of support to the District Department of Transportation (DDOT) Public Space Regulation Administration for the enclosed patio application for Pursuit Wine Bar (Tracking Number #10905087 – 1025 H Street NE, (SSL: 0959-0017) under the condition that it keeps the same footprint as the existing unenclosed patio.
- The Commissioners will send a letter of support to the Committee on Recreation, Libraries & Youth Affairs for prioritization of Kingsman Dog Park for capital improvements in the FY23 budget.
- The Commissioners will send a letter of support to DDOT for Notice of Intent # 22-88 to convert no-parking spaces to Ward 6 RPP spaces on the 1400 block of Maryland Avenue NE, with no effect on travel lanes.
DC Sentencing Commission
Brittany Bunch, an Outreach Specialist from the DC Sentencing Commission spoke about her organization. As listed on the organization’s website, “the mission of the District of Columbia Sentencing Commission is to implement, monitor, and support the District’s Voluntary Sentencing Guidelines, to promote fair and consistent sentencing policies, to increase public understanding of sentencing policies and practices, and to evaluate the effectiveness of the guidelines system in order to recommend changes based on actual sentencing and corrections practice and research.” The Sentencing Commission website lists sentencing data, guidelines as well as a history of sentencing guidelines in DC. To read more about this independent commission visit www.scdc.dc.gov.
Visit www.anc6a.org for a calendar of meeting times, meeting agendas and other information.