Love is in the air! Sun is in the sky! Take this weekend to make all your Valentine’s/Galentine’s/Palentine’s Day plans!
Live Music ++ Van Gogh
Treat yourself or that certain someone to a Valentine’s Special: Van Gogh with Live Music – a one-day special that takes Van Gogh: The Immersive Experience to the next level with a live concert performance at Rhode Island Center (524 Rhode Island Ave NE).
Tickets for Feb. 14 are on sale now, along with a special couples package that includes a bottle of wine and a box of chocolates. Here’s a look at what you can expect:
- Talented musicians performing beautiful classical pieces live in the Immersive room, including “Moon River” from Breakfast at Tiffany’s, “Love Theme” from Romeo and Juliet, to name a few.
- Immersion in Van Gogh’s iconic masterpieces with digital displays, sound effects, interactive video mapping, and more
- A one-of-a-kind VR experience that allows you to travel through Van Gogh’s works and their source of inspiration.
Date and Skate at the Wharf:
Celebrate the month of love at The Wharf. Throughout the month of February, guests who spend $25 or more at a restaurant at The Wharf can receive $2 off each regular priced adult admission at The Wharf Ice Rink on the same day.
Work it Out:
Maybe you’re so together that you just need to work it out. Get sweat together with VIDA Fitness suggests scheduling a workout date with your partner. Drop the chocolates, grab your partner’s hand and get fit – together!
Here are five fun and effective exercises VIDA Personal Trainer Nick Coviello suggests to get you started…
- Partner Windshield Wipers: One will lie on his/her back, adjust hands out palms down to 45 degrees, and raise his/her legs to the ceiling, keeping them as straight as possible (a little knee bend is fine if that is more comfortable, and be sure to keep lower back firmly on the ground). Partner Two will push Partner One’s legs in a direction, and Partner One will work to stop his/her legs from hitting the floor, and then slowly bring them back up to the starting position. Partner Two can push at random intervals and directions to make this exercise more challenging. aim for 10-15 reps or as many as possible without form falling apart.
- Wheelbarrow Walk: Partner One gets into plank position. Partner Two stands behind Partner One and picks up Partner One’s legs, beginning to move forward, so that Partner Two has to “walk” with their hands. Pick a short distance to start, and increase the distance travelled to make it harder.
- Partner Curls: Partner One will hold the top of a bicep curl position while Partner Two pushes down on a broom stick. The person holding the stick will try and resist the other partner pushing down. Make the goal to try and stay at the top of the bicep curl position at least 10 seconds, then switch!
- Medicine Ball Sit Ups: Partner One sets up in a sit-up position with hands up ready to catch. Partner Two gets into the same position, facing Partner One and holding a Med Ball. Partner Two performs a chest pass to Partner One while doing a “sit up”. Partner One absorbs the impact of the ball, does a sit-up and returns the ball with a pass at the top of their sit up.
- Partner Russian Twist: Grab a weight or household object between 5-10 lbs. Each person will be in twist position, sitting down, legs raised off the ground and extended, and upper body off of the ground. Pass the object back and forth and rotate to the outside between each pass at 20 reps.
Chef Danio has outdone himself with the Harvest Tide (212 Seventh St. SE) Valentine’s Special menuRegular menu is always available as another option. Available Friday, February 11th through Monday, February 14th for dine-in and carryout through the website.
Treat your loved one to an experience at Belga café with the beloved inspired six course menu on February 14th. There are Valentines specials on Friday Feb 11 and Saturday Feb 12. Call (202)544-0100 to make a reservation!