Ready to celebrate Bike to School Day? Join the Ward 6 Public Schools Parent Organization (W6PSPO) at Lincoln Park on Wednesday, May 5 for a (mask on!) socially distant event.
It’s a great opportunity for kids to see school friends outdoors before the day begins. Violinist Siddharth will get the ride going with a rendition of “Old Town Ride,” and Ward 6 Councilmember Charles Allen (D) will say hello.
You can also learn about walk-up vaccine locations and share your vision for social justice. Wear a mask and your school gear!
The event will end with a ride around Lincoln Park.
However you celebrate, here’s how to join in:
- Register your school (today): http://www.walkbiketoschool.org/registration/
- Tell all your friends – share this flyer.
- On May 5, 2021, 7:45 a.m. to 8:15 a.m., put on a mask 😷, your school gear 🧢 🎒 and:
- Join the (socially distant) festivities at Lincoln Park
- IMPORTANT: To keep everyone safe, join virtually (do a #GoodTroubleRide shoutout on social media) if you are not feeling well (even if just a sniffle).
- Preview lyrics for our “Old Town Ride” singalong (http://bit.ly/GoodTroubleRide)
- TAKE PHOTOS 📷 🤳🏽: Tag #GoodTroubleRide #BiketoSchoolDay @w6pspo on Insta or Twitter.
IMPORTANT: Those with little ones (Preschool to Second grade) should please ride
ON the park outer sidewalk. The older kids will ride on the inner street lane around the park with help from MPD. Everyone will meet back on the park to split off into groups and safely exit the park to go to school buildings or back home –to school!
Learn more about W6PSPO by visiting w6pspo.org