Vaccination appointments are open every Monday at noon and 7:00 p.m. for individuals who work in person for a licensed child care provider or an independent or charter school that is located in the District.
These appointments will be made through the One Medical portal, which staff are able to access through an email sent from OSSE to eligible workers which provided registration information.
As of Feb. 8, One Medical has already vaccinated 2,000 child care and school staff.
On Monday, DC Health also announced the launch of a pilot initiative with DC’s faith community to provide the COVID-19 vaccine to eligible DC residents.
Through the “Faith in the Vaccine” initiative, DC Health is working with the Leadership Council for Healthy Communities and the Black Coalition Against COVID to further engage the faith-based community with the goal of spreading the word about the safety and effectiveness of the COVID-19 vaccine and supporting residents in getting vaccinated.
Last week, Pennsylvania Avenue Baptist Church (3000 Pennsylvania Ave. SE) supported the launch of the initiative by hosting two vaccine clinics prioritizing DC residents of Wards 5, 7 and 8. A total of 200 DC residents were vaccinated at the two clinics. In-person registration was planned for Monday, but cancelled as all slots were filled online.
The following populations are currently eligible to receive the vaccine in DC:
- individuals who work in health care settings
- members of the Fire and Emergency Medical Services (DCFEMS) Department
- residents of long-term and intermediate care facilities and residents of community residential facilities and group homes
- DC residents who are 65 years old and older; individuals experiencing homelessness
- members of Metropolitan Police Department (MPD)
- District Government personnel as part of Continuity of Government Services
- teachers and staff who are, or will be, working in person at a traditional or public charter school
- child care workers and teachers and staff at independent schools in DC
- Department of Corrections employees and residents