Ballot drop boxes are open! I just checked out the box at Eastern Market. Ballots at these secure drop boxes will be collected 2x a day & are open thru 8pm on Nov 3rd. It’s a great way to #VoteSafe & #VoteEarly! Check out a location best for you: https://t.co/AOL1qozndL pic.twitter.com/z4kNfZJ2VU
— Charles Allen (@charlesallen) October 5, 2020
Dates to Remember:
Oct 1 to 7: Vote-By-Mail ballots were expected to start arriving. They were sent to all registered voters.
Oct. 13: Deadline to register to vote. You can also register at the polls during early voting and on Election Day if you bring proof of residency.
Oct. 21: DCBOE says if you have not received a ballot by this day, you should prepare to vote in-person.
Oct. 27: Early voting opens.
Nov. 3: Election Day. Mail-in ballots must be postmarked or dropped in special drop-off ballot boxes by the end of this day.
Locations for Ward 6 Mail-In Ballot Drop-Off Boxes
- Shaw (Watha T. Daniel) Library (1630 Seventh St. NW)
- Northeast Library (330 Seventh St. NE)
- Rosedale Library (1701 Gales St. NE)
- Southwest Library (425 M St. SW)
- Eastern Market (225 Seventh St. SE)
- BOE Headquarters (1015 Half St. SE)
- Northwest One Neighborhood Library (155 L St. NW)
- Southeast Neighborhood Library (403 Seventh St. SE)
Ward 6 Early Voting Centers (Starting Oct 27 Until Nov. 3)
- Washington Nationals Park – Concourse (1500 S. Capitol St. SE)
- Walker-Jones Education Campus – Gym (1125 New Jersey Ave. NW)
- Kennedy Recreation Center – Gym (1401 Seventh St. NW)
- Sherwood Recreation Center – Gym (640 Tenth St. NE)
For more information on your ballot and the 2020 General Election visit www.dcboe.org