The Nats are coming home to play the World Series! After two games in Houston Tuesday, Oct. 22 and Wednesday, Oct. 23 the Washington Nationals will play games 3 to 5 of the 2019 World Series here at home in the District. Any big event in the District brings up one critical topic of discussion: Parking.
The excitement is real, and the many fans attending the games themselves and the watch parties in the vicinity will lead to a higher-than-usual volume of traffic and pedestrians in area of Nationals Park.
The District has imposed road restrictions in the area between Second Street SE and Fourth Street SW south of M Street that will affect road flow, parking and neighborhood access. These include traffic reduction, restricted access to roads, road closures and no-parking zones.
Notably, First Street SE on the south side of M Street will be converted to southbound operations. During watch parties and home games, the streets in the one-block radius of the park will be restricted to local and event traffic from 2 p.m. until midnight.
- Van Street SE between M Street SE and N Street SE (access to residential parking garages will be permitted)
- N Street SE between First Street SE and New Jersey Avenue SE (access to parking lots will be permitted)
- Potomac Avenue SE from First Street SE to South Capitol Street SE
- First Street SE: M Street SE to Potomac Avenue SE
As well, these roads will be closed to motorized traffic
- Half Street SE between M Street SE and N Street SE
- N Street SE between the Nationals Park GEICO parking garage (at Van Street SE) and First Street St SE
- N Place SE
There will also be no parking zones in effect 24-hours a day beginning Tuesday, Oct. 22 and throughout the World Series home games, unless otherwise signed. Motorists who are towed should call 202-541-6083. The streets impacted include:
- First Street SE: I Street SE to Potomac Avenue SE*
- First Street SE: M Street SE to Potomac Avenue SE*
- N Place SE: First Street SE to dead-end at east end of block*
- N Street SE: First Street SE to New Jersey Avenue SE*
- Potomac Avenue SE: First Street SE to Capitol Street SE*
- Half Street SE: M Street SE to N Street SE*
- Van Street SE: M Street SE to N Street SE*
- N Street SE: South Capitol Street to First Street SE*
- Half Street SE: I Street SE to M Street SE
- Potomac Avenue SW: South Capitol Street to First Street SW (north curb)
- 2nd Street SW: R Street SW to T Street SW (east curb)
- 3rd Street SE: M Street SE to I Street SE (west curb)
- Cushing Place SE: M Street SE to L Street SE
- I Street SE: Half Street SE to South Capitol Street (north curb)
- K Street SE: New Jersey Avenue SE to South Capitol Street SE
- L Street SE: New Jersey Avenue SE to South Capitol Street SE
- M Street SE: South Capitol Street SE to 4th Street SE
- M Street SW: South Capitol Street to First Street SW
- South Capitol Street SE: L Street SE to N Street SE
Residents, business owners, and fans are encouraged to visit sportscapital.dc.gov to learn more information on road closures, parking restrictions, various transit options, and more. Text ‘NATS’ to 888-777 to get alers on transit, safety and weather.