DC’s #1 hyper-local, community news publisher Capital Community News is seeking to hire a Graphic Designer/Web Specialist. Publisher of three hyper-local titles daily online and monthly in print, our offices are located by Historic Eastern Market on Capitol Hill (224 Seventh St. SE).
Candidate must have at least five years of experience in a production environment for print and digital media; with specific knowledge in editorial layouts and ad design.
The graphic designer will be responsible for supporting the Art Director/Production Manager in producing three monthly print publications and one annual guide, as well as uploading the articles to the websites via WordPress. Will also work closely with Sales Representatives to design advertisements (both print and online) and produce in-house marketing materials. Will assist the Web Master by producing mock-ups, providing assets, and/or editing simple html codes.
We need a highly motivated, enthusiastic person with a sense of humor and a sharp mind who works well under pressure and can thrive in an atmosphere of fast, accurate, design and production.
- B.A. in Graphic Design or related field.
- Proficiency of Adobe Creative Cloud (especially InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat) Microsoft Office and WordPress. Web coding experience a plus.
- Must be able to design ads quickly and to bounce easily between advertising design and editorial layout.
- Good editorial/proof-reading ability.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work quickly and efficiently under deadline.
- Work portfolio, showcasing previous experience and an in-depth knowledge of ad design.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Compensation package includes:
- Full-time Competitive Salary
- Vacation and Holidays
- Health Benefits
- Gym Membership
- 401(k) Plan after 1 year of employment
- Flexible, Family Friendly Environment
Please submit salary requirements with resume and work portfolio showcasing in-depth knowledge of ad/editorial design to [email protected], or see our Craigslist advertisement. We are seeking to hire immediately.