A man has been cycling around the neighborhood, patting or smacking the bottoms of women he is not acquainted with, say Detectives from the Metropolitan Police Department’s Sexual Assault Unit.
Officers are looking for help identifying and locating him on charges of Misdemeanor Sexual Abuse. He is believed to have been involved in three different incidents in the First District between 11:30 p.m. Saturday, July 6, and 7:30 a.m. Sunday, July 7:
- The suspect approached a victim in the 700 block of 17th Street SE. The suspect engaged in unwanted sexual contact with the victim then fled the scene
- The suspect approached a victim in the 100 block of 11th Street NE. The suspect engaged in unwanted sexual contact with the victim then fled the scene.
- The suspect approached a victim in the 800 block of Kentucky Avenue SE. The suspect engaged in unwanted sexual contact with the victim then fled the scene.
The suspect is described as a black male, 20-25 years-old, approximately 140lbs, slim/muscular build, dark skin tone, long dreadlocks or braids, and was last seen wearing no shirt and dark colored pants. In each case, the suspect fled the scene on a bicycle.
Anyone who has knowledge of these incidents should take no action but call police at (202) 727-9099 or text your tip to the Department’s Text Tip Line at 50411. Crime Solvers of Washington DC currently offers a reward of up to $1,000 to anyone who provides information that leads to the arrest and indictment of the person or persons responsible for a crime committed in the District of Columbia.
In Other News
At 12:50 a.m. Saturday, a car was stolen on the 700 block of H Street NE.
At 3:58 a.m. Saturday, there was a robbery at a home on the 600 block of I Street NE.
At 7:45 p.m. Saturday, a man was arrested on the 200 block of Ninth Street NE on charges of Driving Under the Influence.
At 1:28 a.m. Sunday, a man was arrested on the 100 block of Independence Avenue SE on charges of Driving Under the Influence.
At 6:40 a.m. Sunday, a man was arrested on the 2500 block of Benning Road NE on charges of Threatening to do Bodily Harm.
At 1:18 p.m. Sunday, a car was stolen on the 1300 block of First Street SW.
At 2:45 p.m. Sunday, a car was stolen on the 1300 block of Half Street SW.
Reporting Illegal Activity
Prompt and detailed reporting of suspicious activities helps prevent crime. If a citizen sees suspicious activity, or any activity that seems out of the ordinary, immediately call 911.
When reporting suspicious activity, give an accurate description. Here are some things to include:
- Brief description of the activity;
- Date, time and location of the activity;
- Physical identifiers of anyone you observed;
- Descriptions of vehicles;
- Information about where people involved in suspicious activities may have gone;
- Your name and contact information.
“As we continue to work with our community in the prevention of crime, we ask that if you see something suspicious you contact us immediately,” says First District Commander Morgan C. Kane, MPA.
The Blotter is based on the reports posted on July 7th and 8th, 2019 by the MPD to the 1D Listserv and 5D Listserv.