Congrats and best wishes to Capitol Hill (and nearby) restaurants nominated for the 2019 RAMMY Awards, presented by the Restaurant Association of Metropolitan Washington (RAMW): The nominees were announced March 11 at the Hamilton Live club in downtown Washington.
The envelope please:
- New Restaurant of the Year: Kaliwa (751 Wharf St. SW), St. Anselm (1250 Fifth St. NE, Union Market);
- Rising Culinary Star: Kwame Onwuachi of Kith and Kin (801 Wharf St. SW);
- Casual Brunch: Maketto (1351 H St. NE);
- Favorite Fast Bites: ChiKo (423 Eighth St. SE), Rasa (1247 First St. SE);
- Employee of the Year: Fred Uku of Red Hen (1822 First St. NW);
- Casual Restaurant: Maketto;
- Upscale Casual: Sally’s Middle Name (now closed);
- Chef of the Year: Kyle Bailey of The Salt Line (79 Potomac Ave. SE); Marjorie Meek Bradley (St. Anselm), Nicholas Stefanelli of Massaria (1340 Fourth St. NE) and Officina at The Wharf (1120 Maine Ave. SW);
- Restaurateur of the Year: Michael Friedman, Mike O’Malley; Colin McDonough; Gareth Croke of All-Purpose Restaurants (70 Potomac Ave. SE and 1250 Ninth St. NW)
You can vote online to pick the winners in the top four categories. RAMMY winners will be announced June 30 at the 37th Annual Awards Gala at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center.