Five days after a fire devastated the buildings at Arthur Capper Senior Housing, Fox News 5 is reporting that a man in his seventies has been pulled from the building.
Fox reports that the man was a resident of the building and had been trapped in his third-floor apartment since Wednesday. The man was taken to hospital.
DC Fire Emergency Medical Services (DC FEMS) responded to reports of a fire shortly after 3:20 p.m. Wednesday, September 19. By 5 p.m., officials said all residents appeared to have been accounted for.
The building was still smoldering on Friday, with DCFEMS monitoring hot spots ahead of confirming that it was safe to conduct a second sweep of the building. The search is still ongoing.
Mayor Bowser will update media Monday at 12:30 p.m.
The 162-unit housing complex was completed in 2007 and is composed of both one and two bedroom units exclusively for seniors. More than 150 people were displaced by the blaze.
The Hill Rag has more on the story here.